Ukufisa Colliery project, based in Springs, Gauteng, emerged through the purchasing of the prospecting right. Surface rights also belong to Canyon Coal.
- Canyon Coal has been granted the mining right and water use license with mining operations commencing in 2017.
- Utilising its own mining equipment, Canyon Coal will extract upper and main seams for local power plant consumption.
- Planned monthly production is 120 000 ton of ROM coal.
- Canyon Coal has completed exploration drilling and applied for a mining right.
- Mining to commence in 2018.
- Planned monthly production of 400 000 ton ROM coal.
- De Wittekrans is based South of Hendrina, Mpumalanga.
- The mining right, water use license and environmental authorisation have been granted.
- Mining will take place through underground methods producing approximately 400 000 ton of ROM coal per month.
- Operations to commence in 2018.
- Witfontein project, based in Bethal, Mpumalanga, is a greenfield project which Canyon Coal has owned since inception.
- Canyon Coal has completed drilling and the mining right application was submitted with operations aimed to commence in 2018.
- Mining through both opencast & underground methods.
- The quality of coal is for local consumption and export market.
- Planned monthly production is 100 000 ton of ROM coal.
- Springfield is based in Vereeniging.
- Mining will take place through open cast methods producing approximately 6.000.000 tons of ROM coal per annum.
- Operations to commence in 2019.