The Canyon Coal Head Quarters, or Corporate Office, is based in Sandton, Johannesburg. The Corporate office is a relatively small office with just over 20 employees who are responsible for:
• Group Strategy
• Capital Funding
• Stakeholder, brand & reputation
• Policies and standards
• Compliance, reporting and statutory audits
• Project Management
• Our employees work with the regional teams to advise, guide delivery and consolidate information to make key business decisions.
Canyon Coal is committed to complying with all applicable laws and standards, promoting a culture of fair and ethical behaviour and encouraging the sound relationships amongst employees. Applicable government laws and regulations are complied with to provide employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth. Harassment or discrimination against any person is not tolerated.
Canyon Coal is committed to providing a work environment that is intended to value diversity among its employees. Human resources policies, procedures and activities create a respectful workplace in which every individual has the opportunity to reach his or her highest potential. Employees are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner in their work environment and are expected to be sensitive to, and respectful of the concerns, values and preferences of others. Employees, including contractors, customers and suppliers are encouraged to report unlawful or inappropriate actions to Senior Management.
HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT
Canyon Coal would like to encourage employees to take interest and ownership of their own academic growth and development for the betterment of the company by providing them financial assistance for relevant studies during their employment with the company.
Based on operational requirements, employees may be selected or be identified as developmental candidates to attend courses of study at full company expense. This will also include employees identified as Employment Equity / Affirmative Action Candidates. Such candidates would usually be on career path programs supported by their Heads of Departments and approved by their Heads of Disciplines.
CAREERS IN CANYON
Canyon Coal is a company where you can grow your career; experience a range of types of work from mining projects to innovation in mechanisations. The coal industry is dynamic and we can offer you opportunities to grow and develop as our company grows.
We are looking for people who would like to build a career with Canyon Coal. We offer diversity and a variety of opportunities in the mining field that provides a challenging, rewarding and stimulating experience for the potential employee.
You can grow with us
Whether you are a graduate looking to go further, an employee looking for that first-hand experience on large scale projects, or you want a new and varied role, Canyon Coal has a broad range of operations, projects and assignments to make your career a rewarding one.
• We work hard to ensure our current employees are placed in roles where they are challenged and fulfilled.
• We continually look for people who have a high-performance attitude and can grow with us.
• We offer you a rare opportunity to expand your skills as we grow, both geographically and technically.
• Our world-class mining operations and projects will give you the chance to apply your skills and expertise in the mining community.
If you are interested in a career with us:
• You can follow the job vacancies and positions from locally at our mines, community offices and municipality offices. You can submit your application to our human resources centre.
• A short list is being compiled for the management at the mine to interview the prospective candidates.
Contact address for your inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org